10 Reasons to Encapsulate Your Crawl Space
1) Lower your energy costs: A crawl space encapsulation insulates the walls of your crawl space and conditions the air under your home. This results in a 10% to 20% annual savings on your power bill. Encapsulation is one of the few home repairs that pay for itself!
If you’re experiencing problems with your crawl space, don’t worry – Hawk Crawlspace & Foundation Repair is here to help! We offer encapsulation services to improve the condition of your crawl space and help keep your home in good shape. With our years of experience, we can get the job done quickly and efficiently, so you can start enjoying your home again. Contact us today for a free estimate!
2) Increased home comfort: By conditioning the air in your crawl space your floors will not be cold in the wintertime. This is especially nice for hardwood floors and tile bathrooms. It also keeps your home from feeling humid and stuffy in the summertime.
3) No more musty odors: A crawl space encapsulation eliminates moisture under your home. This means no musty odors being pumped into your home through the air conditioning unit.
4) Increase the air quality of your home: By eliminating moisture under the house, you are no longer getting humid unconditioned air into your home. Encapsulation promotes air circulation throughout the home.. If your air conditioner is located under the house, it is no longer pumping mold spores throughout the home.
Looking for a product to keep your crawl space dry and free of pests? Look no further than Hawk Crawlspace & Foundation Repair! Our encapsulation system will keep your space clean and free of moisture, ensuring that your home remains in good condition. Contact us today for more information!
5) Air Conditioner lasts longer: Another way encapsulation saves you money is by improving the longevity of your heating and cooling equipment. Humidity increases the load on your air conditioner and causes trunk lines and air ducts to rust.
6) Minimize Repairs: Crawl space encapsulation eliminates moisture under your home. This moisture is the source of many problems from insulation damage, mold and mildew outbreaks, structural damage, and equipment damage from rust.
7) Eliminate insect infestations: By reducing moisture you eliminate a key ingredient that insects such as termites need to survive. No longer will your crawl space be a conducive condition to harbor ugly creepy crawlies in your home.
8) Extra storage space: Most people do not store much in the crawl space because it gets damp, rusts and damages about everything. An encapsulated crawl space becomes a moisture free environment that is perfect for storing anything and everything. Adding 1000 sq ft to 2000 sq ft of storage space always helps.
If you’re noticing signs of foundation or crawl space damage, it’s time to call in the experts at Hawk Crawlspace & Foundation Repair. We can encapsulate your crawl space to protect it from moisture and humidity, which can lead to rot and decay. We’ll also reinforce your foundation to prevent future damage. So don’t wait – call us today for a free consultation!
9) Increase the value of your home: An encapsulation system greatly increases the value of your home. It also makes your home easier to sell. Your home has no moisture issues for the home inspector to find and you have proof of energy efficiency and the lower energy bills your home produces.
10) Tax incentives and rebates: The federal government offers tax rebates for insulation products that improve the energy consumption of you home. Local power companies sometimes offer rebates on your power bill to improve the energy efficiency of your home.